Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Experience with non Volvo parts?

(1/3) > >>

Stuart:
Hi just wondering if anyone out there has tried non Volvo parts re. impellers belts etc. For the D2 55 I was told the impeller is now $37 not $27 re a number change :o. They streamlined it for other engines, added 3 other gaskets I don't need and upped the price. The belt is over $50 I went to a local auto supply and got a match for $10 :tbu. I know there are some things re parts you should not skimp on but does anyone else have alternatives as far as consumables for their engine.

Cheers

Stuart

geoff:
I have used non Volvo parts for many years without any problems . Geoff

dawntreader:
Check on the Jabsco website. Volvo use Jabsco pumps/Impellors, brand them and up the price.

MIA:
I've used non Volvo parts and my old yacht had a Yanmar and used non Manu parts also with no problems

Stevie

Alec:
Hi All,
Does anyone know where you can get after market parts for Volvo engines ? except for basic items mentioned above. There pricing is discusting and horrific really they should be ashamed of the prices they charge. I can understand a little extra for product development and profit but not the prices they charge. These days there are a lot of good quality suppliers for belts, filters, bearings, seals etc and you will find Volvo will be re branding or the supplier will be making a batch for Volvo with the Volvo name on it but they will be the same parts. I have used after market parts for years on a variety of equipment with no problems.
Alec

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version