Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Neutral button on control lever fallen out

(1/1)

Wayne:
Hi Everyone,

Last week while on my boat I noticed that the neutral button on the control lever had fallen "off" the lever and onto the cockpit floor. I have a Volvo D1-30 engine on a Bavaria 37, 2007. The button does not have any serrated edges to indicate it has broken off a part that I cannot see. I put the button back in its slot and the neutral works fine but the button falls to the floor without tape holding it.

The lever is stainless but I can't readily identify the make of the lever.  Is the button attached by a split pin? Any ideas appreciated.

Devocean

dawntreader:
It's supplied by Lewmar, see this expanded view: http://www.marlow-hunter.com/export/Miscellaneous/Lewmar%20shifter%20manual.pdf

Trapeze Artist:
There's a rubber cover to hold the mushroom in place, which presumably you have lost. That rubber cover is supposed to be super-glued in place. Either it wasn't fixed well enough, or someone has removed it for dismantling and not used superglue when refitting. (It looks to me as if the rubber was designed to just press into place but it didn't work well enough, so the superglue was a last-minute fix.)

Insulating tape should do the job temporarily until you get a replacement rubber cover.

Symphony:
You can get a kit from Lewmar with the plunger and the rubber cover. Outrageous price, but if you still have the plunger and the rubber just stick it back in. Sikaflex is better than the glue supplied.

Wayne:
Thanks for all the information. Lewmar Australia have a replacement kit at $60 AUD so will purchase and use Sikaflex instead of superglue.

Wayne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version