Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

ST5000+ fluxgate compass

(1/1)

landes_h:
Not that I need to replace or repair anything, but I just wonder where the fluxgate compass is mounted. I haven't come accross that thing yet. I saw one in a new 36 in the Stbd. wardrobe but in my old 38 (2003) I don't know where it is.
Has anyone seen it  :-[

Spirit of Mary:
Horst,
If I well remember, mine was originally located in the cupboard below the chart table. I moved mine outside the cupboard for 2 reasons:
More midship location.
Sometimes I have metal tools in this cupboard, which could influence the magnetic field.
I have also one mounted in the wardrobe in the stbd cabin. I don't know which one is for the autopilot. I moved the one in the cubboard because my ST 4000+ didn't work well. Only after installing a rudder sensor and blind putting settings which I got from the internet, the function was OK.

Symphony:
In the clothes locker in the starboard aft cabin is common place as it seems to work OK and makes the wiring run easy. In the lazarette on the aft of the bulkhead is another possibility. Just follow the wire out of the control box and you will find it.

stevem:
Hello Horst,

In my 2003 '38 the fluxgate compass is in the wardrobe in the starboard aft cabin.
Good luck.

Steve

Ripster:
Ours (36C) is indeed also in the stbd wardrobe locker under the seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version