Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

That blue stripe!

(1/3) > >>

PhilB:
Hi, For a year I have tried various cleaning/polishing techniques to try to keep the blue stripe on our 36 blue. It looks great for a while but whatever I do it goes back to a faded milky mess. Anyone found anything that works longer than a week or so ?

CRYSTAL:
Looks like you're not the only one. We also tried everything from polish to god knows what.
Conclusion: paint is cheap quality urethane so it fades. I'm planning to repaint it with two-pack polyurethane paint (Awlgrip) but too expensive to spray paint and difficult / tricky with brush. Suddenly, it does not look that bad any more.

Moodymike:
Last year fed up with the same problem I replaced mine with Vinyl striping.  Looks much better than the original and no fading

CRYSTAL:
How did you do your vinyl striping? Can you give further details - did you remove the existing blue or on top of it?

cheers.

Nigel:

--- Quote from: PhilB on November 08 2011, 21:11 ---Hi, For a year I have tried various cleaning/polishing techniques to try to keep the blue stripe on our 36 blue. It looks great for a while but whatever I do it goes back to a faded milky mess. Anyone found anything that works longer than a week or so ?

--- End quote ---

Assuming the stripe is paint, you should be able to polish it with a Meguiars Speed Glaze to remove oxidation, then use a good quality wax or Polymer Sealant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version