Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

EC Declaration of conformity

<< < (2/2)

Happysailor:
In our 2014 original Owners Manual, which belongs to the boat, also the correct HIN is written in the included certificate.. From our previous boat, a 1990 Bavaria 300, there was even an owners registry document which was amended by the Bavaria yard themselves (prior to the CE era)

Also with the purchase of our present boat on both the contract and invoice I made sure HIN number and engine number are listed. That’s the only way to “proof” this particular boat belongs to you, proof you paid VAT if privately owned and is the foundation of any other registry of ownership.

Makes a very good discussion and lessons learned what to include into buying second hand Bavaria’s!

symphony2:
There should also be a Builders Certificate for the specific boat as well as a Bill of Sale from Bavaria to the dealer, then dealer to first owner - at least that is what I had with my new 2015 B33. Pretty sure that the HIN was also hand written on the generic handbook. However my previous 2001 B37 which I bought through the Greek dealer only had the handbook with the HIN hand written. Documentation was much more relaxed in those days!

Ailatan:
I think that's the problem. The boat was built in 2002 and the owners manual is a translation of the original

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version