Author Topic: EC Declaration of conformity  (Read 202 times)

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
EC Declaration of conformity
« on: September 17 2024, 12:49 »
We all have the EC Declaration of Conformity in our owner manual, but the hull number in that document finishes in XXXXX.
My question is if it is possible to get that document with the real number of your boat, because I bought mine second hand and I couldn't find it.

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: EC Declaration of conformity
« Reply #1 on: September 17 2024, 13:45 »
That is normal as it is a serial production boat so no need to show the number. You can find the number on the rear starboard corner of the hull. From memory the instructions for where it is located are in the handbook. The builders Certificate and Bills of Sale should also show the HIN. Explanation of number here bateswharf.co.uk/news/what-is-a-hin-number/

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #2 on: September 17 2024, 15:14 »
Your HIN is stamped in the blue stripe on the topsides, rear starboard side. And also in another place inside that is difficult to find. On ours it was inside the starboard lazarette.
(formerly) Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: September 17 2024, 15:40 »
Thanks both.
I know where the HIN or Hull Identification Number can be found.
My problem is that I don't have that number in any document and it will be great to have an EC certificate with my HIN. I have the invoice from the Bavaria distributor to the first owner but no reference to the Hull Number that is why I was wondering if there was any other document.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #4 on: September 17 2024, 15:53 »
Uhm, just fill in the number yourself then.
(formerly) Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Happysailor

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 41 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #5 on: September 17 2024, 19:07 »
In our 2014 original Owners Manual, which belongs to the boat, also the correct HIN is written in the included certificate.. From our previous boat, a 1990 Bavaria 300, there was even an owners registry document which was amended by the Bavaria yard themselves (prior to the CE era)

Also with the purchase of our present boat on both the contract and invoice I made sure HIN number and engine number are listed. That’s the only way to “proof” this particular boat belongs to you, proof you paid VAT if privately owned and is the foundation of any other registry of ownership.

Makes a very good discussion and lessons learned what to include into buying second hand Bavaria’s!

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #6 on: September 17 2024, 19:13 »
There should also be a Builders Certificate for the specific boat as well as a Bill of Sale from Bavaria to the dealer, then dealer to first owner - at least that is what I had with my new 2015 B33. Pretty sure that the HIN was also hand written on the generic handbook. However my previous 2001 B37 which I bought through the Greek dealer only had the handbook with the HIN hand written. Documentation was much more relaxed in those days!

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
« Reply #7 on: September 17 2024, 22:55 »
I think that's the problem. The boat was built in 2002 and the owners manual is a translation of the original