Author Topic: 2011 Bavaria shower drain  (Read 1297 times)

john102345

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria
  • Boat Year: 2006
2011 Bavaria shower drain
« on: May 16 2024, 14:01 »
Hi All
question answer maybe quick one.

I have just recently modified my bilge pump set up as the original fit Bavaria effort was poor!
I have installed a new 750 gallon per hour pump with new wiring, Wired direct into the house bank batteries so I can turn off the shore power & the isolator key when leaving the boat.
I recently used the shore hose pipe to wash out the entire bathroom & toilet I usually just use the shower head & then pump out with the pump in the sump switch located on the Bavaria panel.

My question is how deep is the shower sump & what capacity does it hold? as I used the hose to wash the bathroom I am sure I heard the newly installed bilge pump kick in & bilge to outside at the back of the boat but could not be sure.
I must admit the hose was running at a pace so had 2 " of water in the bottom of the shower.
Would I be right in assuming that once the shower trap is full it has an overflow into the bilge?

Stupid questions I know but would set my mind at rest.

Thanks
John

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
Re: 2011 Bavaria shower drain
« Reply #1 on: June 09 2024, 08:28 »
I'm trying to think what happened last time I forgot to use the shower pump while enjoying a hot shower for too long.  :) I think, the water level just kept on rising.

There's no direct overflow in the bilge AFAIK. Wouldn't the water level rise until it reaches the door step or the base of the locker lid below the handwash basin? Then it would overflow and find its way into the bilge eventually, through either one of these options.