Author Topic: Fresh water pump operates for a one second burst approx every two mins  (Read 1681 times)

Adam Turner

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: 32 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2010
Hi all,

My fresh water pump has started operating in one second bursts every two mins or so. Fresh tank is approx. 80% full.

I'm in a very calm marina, with no taps etc. open. It's a bit annoying.

Where should I start to resolve this (apart from just switching off pump circuit)

Thanks in advance,

Adam
2010 Bavaria 32 Cruiser

Lazy Pelican

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
You probably have a slow leak from one of the many whale push fit connections. You just have to look at each until you find the drip.
As the pump is running every 2 min you should see water near the offending fitting.

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
It may not be a leak.  If there's no sign of a leak, then it's likely that one of the one-way valves in the pump has failed, allowing water to flow back into the tank.  You can buy a service kit of new valves.

Adam Turner

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: 32 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2010
So while checking the push fittings as suggested (thanks), I saw the transom shower was dripping.

When replacing it, the hose had coiled over itself leaving the button *slightly* depressed = a leak.

Note to self: Occam's razor/what's changed on the boat/has anything triggered my 'sixth sense?'