Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Companion way engine vents on B34

(1/1)

Ricd:
When we first had the boat we got rain water running over the vents from the coach roof scuppers eddying back through these vents and into engine compartment.  I  installed a couple of plastic (cut up grey ground sheet) roll up covers over the vents so that they can be covered when we leave boat that completely solved the issue. In practice we never uncover them now.  Anyway, has anybody with a B34 (c.2000) had same problem and come up with any better solution?  I have seen some B34s without these vents.

Nigel:
Be careful covering the vents, your engine needs to breathe.

For a 2 litre engine the air inlet sucks in 1 litre per revolution, at 2000 RPM this is 2000 litres per minute, or 33 litres (two large buckets) a second.

If it can't get two buckets of air, it will produce carbon monoxide.

CRYSTAL:
I thought the engine ventilators are located in the rear of the cockpit. That's what is showing in the manual of B33c (2007 model).

See attached on page 27 regarding area of vent. Also interesting on the notes for engine compartment temperature and inlet air temp should not be higher then +25C for full power output! In the Med, surely this will be > 30C.

Time to stick some probes but will have to wait for next Summer.

tnx,
Hratch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version