Author Topic: Fuse or Breaker location for 12v socket (cigar type) on helm station C33 2016  (Read 1060 times)

JS Defoy

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 33
  • Boat Year: 2016
Hello dear forum users,

I have a 12v outloet socket located on the helm station right next to the cockpit table (see picture) that doesn't provide electricity anymore. Went through all my owner's manual and looked online, I can't find where is either the fuse or the circuit breaker. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
The 301/302 manual shows that the internal socket in the navigation corner is protected by a 16A fuse (marked green). I'd expect the one in the cockpit to be either also connected to it or it would have an inline fuse somewhere inside the helm station.
However, I think in your case the socket will simply be corroded. You should remove it and check the contacts and measure the +12V line.
On my boat I replaced the cigarette lighter socket with a combined USB A/C port.

JS Defoy

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 33
  • Boat Year: 2016
I have checked that fuse (outlined in green) and it's not blown. I have tested the 12v direclty at the wire in the helm station and the is no voltage at all. I haven't been able to locate any inline fuse within the helm station. In or around the circuit board haven't been able to locate where would the Positive wire from the 12v socket.

I will still your suggested test to see.

Will report back soon.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Pop out the socket and check the cables on the back. Might well have corroded or fallen off there :)
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)