Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Autopilot problem - advise please.

<< < (2/2)

Nigel:

--- Quote from: Symphony on September 26 2013, 00:02 ---When I investigated using that drive, one of the bits of advice from Lewmar was to fit a relay in the power line from the controller to the drive as it is very sensitive to power supply...
--- End quote ---

It is possible that as connections degrade, this could be a solution. Do you have more details?

Symphony:
This problem was also posed on YBW and more detailed information on fitting a relay was provider by others - and confirmed it was a potential solution as the power even with good connections is marginal to operate the clutch.

Sanna:
We had the same problem and found it was the ST6002 which has now been replaced by Raymarine. It was first superseded by the ST6002plus and then withdrawn altogether and replaced by the P70 and a couple of other options too. But the P70 needs Seatalk NG cabling..... so good luck.

solar:
My A/P problem is not solved yet...
Yesterday after my tech person gave it another try with no luck (Too low current from the SPX 10 to the clutch)he spoke again with the RayMarine experts and my SPX10 unit was taken off and was sent to them for an update and installing a relay.
Time will tell...luckily it's almost Winter and the boat is at its home base so no hurry.
Will be on the boat only in January and will update progress and the size of the bill too...
Till problem is solved I'm tyring to stay calm and save anger & frustration for later...
The system was installed new by a pro on 9/2009 but had been used VERY lightly for about 30 hours in calm lakes only!:(((

solar:
Last update.
A/P is working at last!
A relay was added to the SPX10 unit by some Raymarine expert.
No answer to my question about why I was not told to add it when first installed...
Repair costs + tech person many visits to the boat adds up to around 800 EUR...GRRRRR!
But at least its alive again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version