Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Autopilot problem - advise please.

(1/2) > >>

solar:
Hi,
2008 Bav 38 Cruiser.
4 years old Raymarine SPX 10 control unit,ST6002 controler,Lewmar A/P drive 1/8Hp 12v
Worked fine for 3 seasons.A month ago suddenly stoped.
The drive electric motor is turning when getting orders from the controler (+10-10/+1-1) but clutch not connecting so the ruder is not moving.
The tech person sent the drive back to UK Lewmar that after a test said it's working fine and sent it back.
My Batts are fine +13v at drive motor & clutch at the panel & end contacts
A Raymarine tech person on the phone said that they know? that this combination of Raymarine A/P and Lewmar drive is problematic sometimes...???
Thanks for any input about where to go from here?

Symphony:
When I investigated using that drive, one of the bits of advice from Lewmar was to fit a relay in the power line from the controller to the drive as it is very sensitive to power supply. Did not fit the drive as there is not enough room on my 37 so don't know whether it works or not.

solar:
Thanks,but it worked fine without a relay and same batts for so long...?
Any more ideas? from someone who have the same system maybe?
Am I the only one with this issue?
TIA

livefats:
Hi Tia,

I had the same 6002 controller with a Raymarine drive - and similar problem to you, but the head display read "Drive Stopped" after several minutes of fruitlessly trying to engage. My problem was the autopilot 6002 Raymarine computer unit - replaced that (well, actually had a little - and rather expensive - help...!) - and all is working now.

Good luck with your problem.

solar:
Thanks,
Will investigate more when on the boat in 4 weeks and will report back.
Till then I'm still open & waiting for more ideas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version