Author Topic: Is my Bavaria 42 (2000) rigging original or replaced?  (Read 972 times)

Viviane2000

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42
  • Boat Year: 2000
Hi all, first post on this forum after getting tons of information already. Thanks all for that!

We bought our Bavaria 42 (2000) 'Viviane' last august. And we are now sailing in the Med. Currently we are considering to replace the standing rigging since we think it's original so 22/23 years old, and it's due time to replace (leaving the discussing whether and or when to replace the rigging in the middle ;D). The rigging still looks in very good order btw.

The thing I'm wondering is, our mast is original Selden. Selden also supplies standing rigging including turnbuckles. But on closer inspection of the turnbuckles on our boat they are manufactured by Hasselfors. I think it's logic that if your boat has a Selden mast it would also have Selden rigging. Is this logic correct or do Bavaria yachts original come with different mast / rigging suppliers.

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
Re: Is my Bavaria 42 (2000) rigging original or replaced?
« Reply #1 on: July 20 2023, 08:51 »
My turnbuckles are the same brand and they are original from the shipyard

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #2 on: July 20 2023, 08:59 »
Our original rigging was Hasselfors too. This is not surprising, because:

Seldén’s range of rigging hardware is a heritage from the legendary Swedish hardware producer Hasselfors which was acquired by Seldén 1989 and renamed Seldén Rigging AB.

So yes, your boat has an original Selden mast and original Selden rigging.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Viviane2000

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #3 on: July 20 2023, 09:18 »
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the quick and clear reply!! That means we will continue with the replacement of our rigging this fall.