Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Throttle leaver seal

(1/3) > >>

lagoda:
Like your selves, I have been looking for a nice way to stop water getting though
the throttle leaver, as the white rubber seal supplied disintegrates after a while.
So I have designed and made a high tech. seal which looks nice and does the job.
I am not in business making the seals, but if you would like me to make one for you
I will have to charge £50 as there is aircraft spec. material, O rings and about 2 hours
machining and anodising, (red, black or silver)
I have photographs of the seal and how to fit, very easy, if you would like a look.
Bill Lagoda
lagoda@ntlworld.com
Blaue Maus Posts: 6Joined: Fri 13 Apr 2012, 23:06

Ripster:
Any chance you could post a few pictures up so we could all have a look  :)

Odysseus:
Replaced my seal with 8mm silicone, cut seal diameter to suit and put 17mm hole in it.

Take rubber bung out of throttle, take out spindle disc, undo nut need socket,  take off throttle handle, may need hub puller as its on a tapper.

Fit and reverse operation.

Job done for free.

Hope this helps
Odysseus

Ripster:
Thanks for that.  Seems straight forward.  Any tips for cutting neat circles in this stuff.  My first thought were modelling knife around a washer or similar, but are there any tricks using heat or something?

Odysseus:
Stuck large washer to silicone with paper tape, cut around washer with scissors, centre holds tape in place, then just guessed the 17mm.

Odysseus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version