Author Topic: Bav 30  (Read 3462 times)

Bavnav

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Bav 30
« on: September 01 2013, 22:31 »
Well, we bought our yacht and haggled some reductions regarding surveyor report.
Two days of solid cleaning and tidying.
I found one leak, fresh water pipe split from bottom of water tank to calorifier - fixed that. Then found another, where the large brass nut is screwed onto the top of the calorifier. Someone has had a go before and wound some ptfe tape and screwed the brass nut on. However, I think the water is leaking the other side, where the plastic pipe/connector exits the brass nut. I have drained the water tank and will try to tackle it next week. Looking at the plumbing system, I am not impressed. The pipes have numerous dodgy looking plastic elbow joints and fixings. Do many owners change the plumbing?
Any advice, please?

nornie lees

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 30 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
Re: Bav 30
« Reply #1 on: September 02 2013, 10:58 »
Are the leaks on the hot water?if so change all plastic fittings, BQ type work fine. Then adjust the temp down on thermostat, max temp 65c. good luck

rgds Ray

Bavnav

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Bav 30
« Reply #2 on: September 02 2013, 20:15 »
Hi Ray,
The first leak was on the pipe coming from the bottom of the water tank, so was cold. The current leak is from the top of the calorifier (QL water heater). I can't remember now if the pipe was red or blue - think it was blue /cold. I have bought some fittings from Wilkes and some pipe 15mm.hot /cold high pressure, type. I will try next weekend.
I can't believe how flimsy the plumbing is.
Regards,
Keith