Author Topic: Bavaria Panel 302 removal  (Read 1121 times)

Petef

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
Bavaria Panel 302 removal
« on: September 13 2022, 22:18 »
Does anyone know how to remove the Panel 302?

We have been having problems in the marina with the electric.
Some of which we believe is due to something on our boat. We can turn the electric off, then when we turn it back on it will trip the Marina power at the supply box occasionally sometimes immediately, sometimes when another switch (the main culprit seems to be turning the domestic 12Volts on). I've checked the extension cable and changed the plug end with a new one (it was dirty and corroded). Checked the extension for damage elsewhere, there was none. Still have the same problem, the marina electrician said that he thinks it may be the Residual current circuit breaker being faulty after testing the various switches on/off.

I have a new RCB but I need to take the panel off to replace it. On the 301 panel it's a couple of spring loaded screws. But there are no visible screws on the 302 panel.

We had to come away from the boat today, so thought I'd ask the readers here, if they know how to remove the panel before I return to the boat.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bavaria Panel 302 removal
« Reply #1 on: September 13 2022, 22:46 »
Not sure, does the rear view help? https://sailboat-spareparts.com/gggg/uploads/2022/08/1661521749956.jpeg

Looks like there's studs at the corners, so I'd expect you'll have to stick your arm in there (unplugging the shorepower and inverter first) and finding some nuts to undo.

By the way, 90% of the mystery "boat is popping marina RCD" problems are either water in the shorepower plugs or corroded heating elements in the hot water tank. Might be worth ruling those out before taking the boat apart.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Petef

• Second Mate
« Reply #2 on: September 14 2022, 00:57 »
Thanks I'll take a look next time I'm at the boat.

That's a great picture of the rear of the panel, I have the 301/302 panel manual but it doesn't give any info about removal unlike the pic (thank you). Yes it does look like there are studs.

paulemeier1

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37.2 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: September 14 2022, 08:19 »
Have had the same issue several years ago.
At first try to pull of the electric plug from the water heater. In my case it was the problem. It have shorted to earth
I found it in the aft cabin under the bed. 220v plug ins wall

The panel dismounting is easy. You open left side. You have to turn the screws 90 degrees. Hold this part wide open. Than zu grab in to the back side. Zhou will find a wing screw in every corner. Loosing is no problem but remount is quit tricky

But I think you do not have to do. It will be the water heater

Petef

• Second Mate
« Reply #4 on: September 14 2022, 20:19 »
Thanks Paul, I'll definitely be looking at the water heater before I look elsewhere.