Author Topic: Sail Lines and sheets  (Read 1026 times)

Taz

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 42 crusier
  • Boat Year: 2004
Sail Lines and sheets
« on: August 31 2022, 11:49 »
New owner of a Bavaria 42 2004 crusier. I am looking for a diagram of the original lines and sheet setup for a 42 bavaria 2004 crusier . The yacht has never been setup for sailing off shore. It has no whisker pole at present. It still has the mouse lines in the mast for the Spiniker 1 and 2. Has 4 deck organizes rollers port and starboard going back to 4 and 4 clutchers.  I am trying to organize. have 8 lines

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Sail Lines and sheets
« Reply #1 on: August 31 2022, 22:30 »
Don't think there is a "standard" layout - certainly on the 2 Bavarias I had from new we set up the lines to suit our preference.

Having said that some positions are determined by which side of the mast the halyards exit, so the main usually comes out on the starboard side and foresail halyards port. Some people looke reefing lines on the same side as the main halyard and topping lift, others on the opposite side. If you actively use the jib halyard when sailing then it makes sense to bring this back, but with a furling jib some leave it at the mast. The kicker is usually brought back and you can have this either side.

So, set it up how you think you would like it, try it and you can always change it.

Taz

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 42 crusier
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: August 31 2022, 23:28 »
Thanks for you reply. The way it is set up at the monent has some crossed lines. I will just set it up for me to do single handed as much as posible.

nightowle

• Able Seaman
  • S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
  • Boat Model: 35 Exclusive
  • Boat Year: 1999
« Reply #3 on: September 01 2022, 08:33 »
Taz, as mentioned, set it up the way you see fit.  But also make sure your traveler and main sheets are long enough to reach the helm if you are single handing.  Makes life easier.
S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
Seattle, WA USA