Author Topic: Wiring extra equipment to Panel 301 function buttons  (Read 3024 times)

catlotion

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Wiring extra equipment to Panel 301 function buttons
« on: September 24 2020, 20:04 »
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything after searching.

I'd like to wire a couple of things to the extra function buttons on my Bavaria 30 but can't find where the terminals are.  I've got the wiring diagram in the manual but it doesn't help.

Any tips please?

catlotion

• First Mate
Re: Wiring extra equipment to Panel 301 function buttons
« Reply #1 on: September 24 2020, 20:30 »
D'oh! They're staring right at me!  Res 1-6 spade connectors on the left presumably! 

Then a negative connection on bus bar behind the panel...?  (Blue cables)

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: September 27 2020, 07:27 »
Unfortunately I dont have my boat anymore having sold it earlier this month, but if your set up is similar to that which I had on a B36(2002), all of the switches on the switch panel were numbered, and behind the panel looking towards the inside of the hull, there were a number of connections placed on a board located against the inside of the hull. Each of those connections were numbered, in accordance with the switches on the swing open panel door, and it is to those connections on that panel located against the inside of the hull where you add those extra items of equipment, not to anywhere on your swing open door.  The connections on that board close to the inside of the hull are generally, if not entirely positive while a negative connection can be made to the long negative busbar located nearby.
Hope this helps.

Odysseus

• Old Salt
  • Bill and Linda
    • www.scanmar-odysseus.co.uk
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
« Reply #3 on: September 28 2020, 09:23 »
Good info salty, if anyone has this set up post some photos, it's a nugget of info.
Odysseus
Bav 38
Odysseus

catlotion

• First Mate
« Reply #4 on: September 28 2020, 09:33 »
behind the panel looking towards the inside of the hull, there were a number of connections placed on a board located against the inside of the hull. Each of those connections were numbered, in accordance with the switches on the swing open panel door, and it is to those connections on that panel located against the inside of the hull where you add those extra items of equipment, not to anywhere on your swing open door.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to the 30 Cruiser.  I was looking for connections like this as that's what I had on my old Beneteau but the positive connections seem to be on the door with only the negative bar on the hull.  Unless I'm missing something...?

Lyra

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B36
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #5 on: September 28 2020, 11:22 »
Good info salty, if anyone has this set up post some photos, it's a nugget of info.
Odysseus
Bav 38

I believe Salty is referring to the setup of the 201 type panel, not sure it is similar with the 301 panel.
These are the schematics of the 201 system (This is an old scan - next time I will be at the boat I will take them again for a better scan) - the board with the connections against the hull is the one marked as 205.
S/Y Lyra
B36 / 2004

sunshine

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30
« Reply #6 on: September 30 2020, 09:29 »
Here's the detailed panel manual.  Among other things, choose which function button F1-F5 based on current of the accessory. Also note that there are 6 connectors but only 5 buttons - F5 has two connectors.

catlotion

• First Mate
« Reply #7 on: September 27 2021, 10:16 »
Another quick query on this topic.  Does anyone know where the connectors are for the 'Cabin 2' light switch is on this panel?  It doesn't seem to do anything on my 30 Cruiser (presumably it's for bigger boats with two aft cabins?). 

I'd like to repurpose it for cockpit lighting but can't work out on the back of the panel where to connect to.  There's a big lighting block connector and also a 'Stern' terminal...?

Thanks

dgmultimedia

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 33
« Reply #8 on: October 02 2021, 12:33 »
cable numbers 7+8 and 9+10 should be the cabin lights - on my C33 with the same electrical panel these are in the main bundle of cables that terminate in the multi-way black shells in the middle of the board - but if only one switch does all the cabin lights like on mine there may not be a cable connected to the second switch terminal and those multiway shells are very difficult to get out to modify... the blades are 1/8" I think.
the relays and fuses are the 2 labelled "Salon-1" and "Salon-2"

catlotion

• First Mate
« Reply #9 on: October 02 2021, 16:04 »
That's great. Thanks for info.

Walrus

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 31
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #10 on: July 22 2022, 15:10 »
Another quick query on this topic.  Does anyone know where the connectors are for the 'Cabin 2' light switch is on this panel?  It doesn't seem to do anything on my 30 Cruiser (presumably it's for bigger boats with two aft cabins?). 

I'd like to repurpose it for cockpit lighting but can't work out on the back of the panel where to connect to.  There's a big lighting block connector and also a 'Stern' terminal...?

Thanks

Did you make the adjustments?
What kind of cable connector did hou use on the plug?

Regards, William