Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Rutgerson Rope Clutch Handle

(1/2) > >>

kenwood1957:
I recently broke a clutch handle on my 2003 38. The replacement Rutgerson handle is much bigger than the original but they say it will fit. I don't know what the old model is but the new handle is for an RC75X. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Trapeze Artist:
Where do you get the replacement? A broke one a couple of years ago and couldn't find a source of spares. I've been making do with no clutch on the topping lift ever since.

New boat:
You can purchase new handles from Marine Megastore Part number XM_178754.

I have found that application of a silicone spray on the mechanism every couple of months solves the stiffness problem, but take care not to get any silicone on the gripping jaws!

Mark_C:
Marine Megastore are famous for advertising stuff that they haven't got so take care. You can order replacement handles direct from Rutgerson in Sweden but they charge a ridiculous amount for shipping costs.  I broke a handle recently and found that I could buy a complete double clutch from a Uk supplier for about the same total cost as a single handle from Rutgerson!  At least I now have a spare handle ready for the next breakage.  I wonder if it is UV damage that causes them to be so frail. 

New boat:
When I last purchased handles from Marine Mega Store they imported around 20 on the back of my order. Not sure how many they still have in stock but the inference is that these handles are a consumable item!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version