Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Calorifier / hot water Bavaria 30

(1/4) > >>

livefats:
Having been rainbound for the last couple of days with no engine running, I've noticed we have no hot water. Help! Previously not noticed as we'd had the engine running most days, so I guess the heat exchanger (?) was heating the water for us.

We are attached to shore power, the isolator switches are on, and the fuse switch on Panel 302 is in the "On" position. (Red light is on to indicate that the power is connected to the heater, I think.) I've checked that the QL water heater is plugged in. We have cold water, and the cold water tank is full.

Is there anything else that I should have done as a new Bav owner? Any suggestions gratefully received - and please don't hesitate to suggest the obvious!

landes_h:
Just recently my heater stayed cold as the boat was plugged in to land power. It turned out to be the switch on the electric panel just quit. The light in the switch stayed on but the switch itself had no effect. I just bridged it for now and will look for a new switch when time permits.

livefats:
Thanks, Landes. The switch is quite good at turning the red light on and off! I'm rather nervous about opening up the 230 volt panel 302 to investigate further..!

livefats:
Just an update: the socket that the heater plugs into works - so power is getting to the heater. Ho hum...

MIA:
Is the thermostat operating, you should hear it click when you turn it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version