Author Topic: cant reach holding tank bav30-2005  (Read 1034 times)

bavaria30adela

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 30c
  • Boat Year: 2005
cant reach holding tank bav30-2005
« on: March 02 2022, 20:34 »
Our tank is placed behind panels right side of the sink. there is a door for accessing the inspection but thats too small for my work adding a pump out hose through the deck and connect it to the tanks bottom outlet or all the way down to the seacock with a Y-connection.
To the problem keeping me sleepless: I can bend out the panel a bit but its tightened with screws from the inside and theres only 1" gap and not enough to put a hand and screwdriver in there . the picture was taken sticking in my phone. Do I need to cut the interior panel in halves ? And if so how to put the pieces it nicely back together again ? :-\.

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
Re: cant reach holding tank bav30-2005
« Reply #1 on: March 03 2022, 07:55 »
I would assume, that there should be an existing tank drain with an already fitted hose to the seacock ? Why not fit a Y-connector to that hose and connect the pump out hose there ? If you close the seacock it should be possible to drain that tank ! So no need to rip any panels out!

bavaria30adela

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 30c
Re: cant reach holding tank bav30-2005
« Reply #2 on: March 03 2022, 15:45 »
Yes there is but the problem is to find space behind or beside the holding tank to lead that pump out hose up through deck.