Author Topic: no shore power Bav 32 2002  (Read 995 times)

filban

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
no shore power Bav 32 2002
« on: February 20 2022, 16:22 »
visiting the boat in the marina today to check up after the storms I noticed there was no shore power;Power was getting to my socket on the pontoon pedestal (and to other boats on the pontoon)but not into my boat.No green light on the panel
I will do a continuity check on each of the 3 pins in the shore power lead (which is quite new)
the DC panel is a 424 panel and the AC panel is a 426
there are 2 16A trip switches which cover AC power in and AC power out
these were OK and on
there is a also a 16A trip for the victron battery charger

My question is are there any fuses(behind the panels?) that cover the AC  as well as these trip switches

the only things that have changed since my last visit 2 weeks ago was that  my dehumidifier which was plugged into the AC had fallen off the galley (drain pipe led into the sink)but that was storm Eunice and my fault for leaving it there ; I cannot see how this has caused the loss of shore power

the reefing lines have been changed to a smaller diameter but that shouldn't have gone near the AC cabling

I will also check the connection point into the transom as it is the original fitting

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: no shore power Bav 32 2002
« Reply #1 on: February 20 2022, 18:03 »
On my boat, there's some sort of trip switch immediately next to the shorepower inlet (see pic).  Yours might have something similar.

filban

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: no shore power Bav 32 2002
« Reply #2 on: February 20 2022, 18:23 »
Thanks
I’ve seen reference to a trip switch on the reverse of the transom accessible from the locker/lazarette but I couldn’t see anything on the Bavaria wiring diagrams
I’ll go into the locker and check ; I did have a quick look from the cockpit today  but the weather was terrible so it wasn’t a thorough look
I’ll also check the back of the incoming socket