Author Topic: Selden Rod Kicker gas strut replacement  (Read 1011 times)

hollmanr

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 32
  • Boat Year: 2005
Selden Rod Kicker gas strut replacement
« on: October 25 2022, 13:38 »
Hi, I believe this topic and supplier for the gas strut has come up before, but wanted to share the positive experience I have had with company SGS Engineering in the UK. I emailed their sales department for a replacement gas strut for my rod kicker and gave them the PN I found on the defective gas strut (I think this is the original gas strut : Aratron G28-250-1200N-02). They replied within 30 min with their equivalent part number and price (~£52). Shipping was quick (except that it got stuck in Irish customs to pay the additional VAT over it, but can't fault that to SGS). The replacement plastic end cap (which was stuck solid to the old strut) I sourced from SVG.

nightowle

• Able Seaman
  • S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
  • Boat Model: 35 Exclusive
  • Boat Year: 1999
Re: Selden Rod Kicker gas strut replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 26 2022, 07:51 »
Excellent info.  I just handled the same replacement within the past 2 weeks.  Someone else posted some helpful info for us US and Canadian residents here:  the strut was obtained from McMaster Carr (about US$120) and each of the internal end caps, which were both broken, I sourced through Fisheries Supply here in Seattle (although they have a great website for ordering and helpful associates). Note: only one of the end caps is shown on the website, but they can order both via part number from the Selden distributor on the East Coast. Each piece was $17 and $19 respectively and arrived within a few days.  My originals looked as though they were hammered to death!  I hope this helps anyone on this side of the pond.
S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
Seattle, WA USA