Author Topic: Best Entertainment System for Yachts?  (Read 3650 times)

seagran

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46 Style
  • Boat Year: 2018
Best Entertainment System for Yachts?
« on: December 10 2020, 11:06 »
Hi everybody,
Due to this special situation this year We’ve spent a lot of time on our yacht over the summer and autumn. In most of the towns we anchored, going out was impossible or undesirable from our point of view. So we spend most of the evenings on our yacht, what was very nice in the beginning, but sooner or later we missed a good TV show.
In one of the little towns along the Côte d’Azure we met a couple who showed us their huge outdoor TV, which was water- and weatherproof, what is super nice when spending a lot of time at the sea. The whole screen somehow folded away and could be hidden in the floor – I was really impressed!
So with Christmas coming up I thought we could afford a “little” present for ourselves and upgrade our television on the yacht. Unfortunately I don’t remember the name of the brand their TV was from. So I thought I’d ask in this forum for some advice and experience for a good outdoor entertainment solution. What kind of TVs do you use on your Yacht? Can anyone recommend a high quality outdoor TV, which isn’t taking away too much space, but still has kind of a big screen?
Thanks a lot in advance already!

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
Re: Best Entertainment System for Yachts?
« Reply #1 on: December 10 2020, 15:08 »
No idea, but a lot of hot tubs have TVs these days, so maybe look there.

Zavaria

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: December 16 2020, 11:03 »
I already saw foldable and retractable TVs, at least in some videos I have already seen them. Not in real life yet. But then these are very large TVs and not a normal TV as you know it at home. If things are going in this direction then I think they are TVs from C-Seed. But that must have been a larger yacht :) The televisions are huge and really impressive. Would really like to see the TV in real life and not just in videos or pictures.
Otherwise it could of course have been a prototype. Rollable screens are just about to be launched on the market. Maybe he already had a TV like this.

seagran

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: December 21 2020, 13:04 »
Yes it's been a very large yacht and it has been a really large TV, I almost felt like sitting in front of a cinema screen... Hmm yes this name sounds familiar to me, I'll look it up - I thought maybe they also have some smaller screens too, I really liked the technology and that it was waterproof and retractable.  Yes it has been a whole new entertainment experience to me, never seen such a thing before.
Rollable screens? Wow sounds futuristic, but no I think it wasn't a prototype, they spoke of the brand as one had to know it already... maybe in the supermarine and luxury segment...

Thanks for the tipp on looking for hot tub TV solutions, maybe I'll find something over there.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #4 on: December 23 2020, 20:55 »
I think before everybody heads out to buy themselves one of these superlarge TV screens they need to consider the amount of power they need to run such a large display. without a hefty mains power supply I reckon the current draw would have your batteries turning inside out and your onboard generators groaning under the load !!!

Zavaria

• Swab
« Reply #5 on: December 29 2020, 11:18 »
There are a few different sizes and models. The technology behind it is impressive, you certainly don't see it very often. Then it will have been a TV from C-Seed. The television can be installed on yachts or in houses in the garden area.
There are already smartphones with a rollable or at least foldable display. You'll see that on TV soon too. Then you can roll out the screen like a canvas or you can simply fold the TV if you need a smaller screen. There are already many options. We will see what can ultimately prevail.
The technology is still at the beginning and there will always be further improvements. But I don't think it uses much more electricity than it does when you heat the hot tub. With such entertainment systems you will think of the right power supply. We're not necessarily talking about small boats here, but rather the luxury yacht segment.

seagran

• Swab
« Reply #6 on: December 29 2020, 11:51 »
@salty: Yes electricity is for sure an issue to think about. The yacht where we have seen this large-format foldable TV system has been a huge ship, I’m pretty sure they had enough power supplies... For us it needs to be a smaller screen, but I liked the technology behind it. 

For Christmas we've got some money dedicated to a new TV from relatives and friends, but we still have to find the right product for us. For the moment I think we’ll wait a bit until the shops reopen again to be able to see the TVs in action. 

Nevertheless, thanks for your help over here!

@zavaria: Yes technical progress and inventions is so great to follow, I’m really looking forward to seeing all the different brand new solutions within a few years!

The Other Woman

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36 Holiday
  • Boat Year: 1999
« Reply #7 on: January 13 2021, 16:50 »
Hi
Just get a smart tv that uses an Android  software once you have that and you have a Wi-Fi signal in marines you can download things like beetv , catmouse,  cinamatv  amounting  many others then you can sit back and watch all the latest films and series drink in hand. ;)

Mick
Ps try it out on android .🤗

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #8 on: January 18 2021, 17:23 »
Best Entertainment System on my Yacht??

My Accordion and me playing  :tbu :o :)
Greetings
Horst
Bavaria 38 / 2003 berth Portoroz, Slowenia

JEN-et-ROSS

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1990
« Reply #9 on: January 24 2021, 09:09 »
Best Entertainment System on my Yacht??

My Accordion and me playing  :tbu :o :)

Yes. I totally agree. Being on board gets you away from the telly.
Many West Coast boats carry fiddles, accordions, 'moothies' guitars etc, in our case it's the old faithful guitar.