Author Topic: Bavaria 42 Cruiser New owner.  (Read 1611 times)

Daryl28

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2008
Bavaria 42 Cruiser New owner.
« on: November 28 2020, 16:44 »
Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself to the forum, as the new owner of a Bavaria 42 cruiser that we have just bought. My wife and I are fairly new to sailing, and still learning. We are going to keep the boat at Chatham Marina in Kent. Any advice on the Bavaria 42 cruiser would be much appreciated. I'm sure we will have a lot of questions regarding our new boat. Unfortunately due to Covid19 we have not been able to do a normal handover! But I'm sure the members on here will be able to help us. Thank you.

Regards

Daryl

ICENI

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Bavaria 42 Cruiser New owner.
« Reply #1 on: November 28 2020, 17:19 »
You will find the forum people extremely helpful.

I bought my second cruiser last year.   It was in VG condition but very basic.   I have found the advice I have been given via the forum both informative and helpful.

Good luck with your new boat.

Daryl28

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: November 29 2020, 15:28 »
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. We absolutely love the boat. We've had the sail drive diaphragm replaced whilst she was out of the water, and also had her antifouled, and all the anodes changed, and the engine serviced for piece of mind. When the sail drive was removed to change the diaphragm, it required complete servicing, as there were mussels growing in there! The marine enginneer also changed the seals in the sail drive. The boat has had little to no use for the past 3 years, and was last antifouled in 2017! Which was a bit of a concern. The diesel tank was completely full, but we've had the fuel polished as a safe guard. We're now looking forward to the boat coming home, which should be in the next few weeks. Atb Daryl

MagicalArmchair

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria
« Reply #3 on: December 01 2020, 10:44 »
Hello Chris,

We are on D Pontoon in Chatham MDL too - it's a great marina.

Where is the boat now? When do you plan to deliver her? I delivered Mirage back from Poole - a good shakedown the gave me quite a list of 'broken' bits that needed some TLC. The forum here is a treasure trove of useful information and awesome, helpful experts.

What year is your boat?

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
« Reply #4 on: December 01 2020, 15:09 »
Quote from: MagicalArmchair link=topic=3054.msg19933#msg19933 date=)
What year is your boat?
[/quote

Hi Magical Armchair, just a tip, for you and others, if you click on, in this case “Daryl28” in the left margin, you will be taken to the members home page. There you will find whatever information that member was willing to share, and which often includes details about their boat.

Daryl28

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: December 04 2020, 17:17 »
Hi Magicalarmchair,

The boat is from 2008. It's currently in Wales, and will be delivered by transport to Gillingham this month. We currently have a boat at Chatham Marina on F pontoon. We also love the marina. We were hoping to put our new boat on our existing berth, but they may move us, as we're little bit bigger than our previous boat, by all means pop by and say hello.

All the best

Daryl