Author Topic: Bavaria 37 Cr, 2007 rigging plan  (Read 1674 times)

Andriy

• Cadet
  • No wind- no life !!!
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37 Cr
  • Boat Year: 2007
Bavaria 37 Cr, 2007 rigging plan
« on: September 17 2020, 00:22 »
Hi Owners,

Be so kind to advice where to find rigging plan for the Bavaria 37 Cr, 2007.

I plan to replace the sails ( Main- in mast roller, Genoa- furling ) and need to know the correct measurements of sails area. Different sailmakers- different proposal.

If anybody has experience with sails will be appreciated for the advice which sails to put ( boat is private with folding prop ) in order to get max speed. Maybe with vertical fullbatten ? Crosscut or better to spend some money for Tri-radial. Genoa to order 100 % or 145 % ? Will be appreciated for the opinion.
Brgds
Andriy

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Bavaria 37 Cr, 2007 rigging plan
« Reply #1 on: September 17 2020, 09:22 »
sailboatdata.com/sailboat/bavaria-37 gives you the key rig dimensions. However if you are having new sails made then the sailmaker will already have these dimensions on file, but some will also measure your boat as part of the discussion with you about what you want to achieve with your new sails. You will inevitably get a wide range of proposals simply because there is a wide range of choices of cuts and cloths. Many of the major sailmakers have comprehensive information on their websites about the different choices available, so it is worth doing some research so that you can assess what you are being offered.

Rampage

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: Bavaria 37 Cr, 2007 rigging plan
« Reply #2 on: September 17 2020, 10:44 »
Sound advice from Symphony.  Wherever possible, I’d get the sailmaker you come to the boat to measure it up.  That also give you the opportunity to discuss face to face just what you want the sails to do.  For what it’s worth, I went for normal cut and a cloth aimed at providing a longer life in strong sunlight.  The sails are now 8 years old and still going strong.