Author Topic: skin fitting sizes  (Read 1465 times)

Noelio Abrunhosa

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
skin fitting sizes
« on: September 02 2020, 17:44 »
hi.
I am about to haul out and wanted to order the skin fittings and valves. does any one know correct size for bavaria 38 2005.
i think its 5 (3/4) and 1 (1 1/2).
is this correct?

thanks

Abby

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: skin fitting sizes
« Reply #1 on: September 02 2020, 17:56 »
Yes. Almost universal for toilets. If you are replacing with metal fittings then ensure that they are marked DZR and replace all the skin fittings and hose tails at the same time. Easiest to grind the skin fitting flange off on the outside of the boat and take the whole assembly out rather than trying to dismantle them in place.

Noelio Abrunhosa

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 03 2020, 10:01 »
thank you.
i have now ordered Dzr fittings. i wanted the trudesign fittings but there isnt enough space.

Fun Times Ahead

regards
Abby

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: September 04 2020, 09:48 »

"....................i wanted the trudesign fittings but there isnt enough space.
Fun Times Ahead

regards
Abby

I was able to fit them on my B36(2002) which is a smaller boat than your 38, though I do appreciate that your 38 may have less space than I had, but it took a little creative thinking. Essentially the valve and hose tail were screwed together and entered into the under sink cupboard, next the skin fitting was poked loosely through the hole in the hull and the internal nut and washer were loosely attached to the skin fitting on the inside and the skin fitting was turned from the outside so that it screwed into the valve body, but the assembly was now loose within the hole in the hull. Mastic was applied to the interior and exterior of the hull, and then the internal nut and washer were tightend down onto the inside of the hull, thereby bringing the external part of the skin fitting into tight contact with the hull. And no subsequent problems.