Author Topic: Jabsco 29200 electric conversion kit problem - dirty water from the bowl rim  (Read 1713 times)

elias

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
Hi to all!
I installed 2 jabsco 29200 electric conversion kit. I am experiencing resirculation coming from the bleed tube. This tubes connects the inlet pump chamber that sends water to the bowl rim and the waste pump chamber that sends to the waste outlet.

The data is
1. the trough hulls are very close to the waterline
2. no vented loop
3. no holding tank ( for the test)
4. joker valve and outlet hose new and clean

Manual mentions that in this case (recirculation) i shoult lift the hose from the pump to the bowl higher than the discharge hose , but it is already 1-2 cm higher and still it has the problem

I made the following experiment. I blocked the bleed tube by putting 2 screws with some teflon gently to each chamber exit and it works fine.

What is the purpose of this bleed tube, why the 2 chambers connected?
Is it safe to block it ?

nightowle

• Able Seaman
  • S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
  • Boat Model: 35 Exclusive
  • Boat Year: 1999
I wish I could help, but I have no answers to this.  However, I'm really interested to hear your opinion of this upgrade once you get the issue sorted.  Keep posting!
S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
Seattle, WA USA

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
If you are thinking of changing to electric you might find the latest Jabsco Lite electric toilets a better solution. Not sure if they are available in the US, but if you look in the Scuttlebut section at the thread Bavaria on Youtube you will find a good video on fitting one posted by Sitesurfer.

On top of my list of things to do when we are allowed back near our boats over here.

elias

• Old Salt
I have installed them already , they where quite expensive but I liked that they are easy to install directly on the old jabsco hand pump and you can change back to manual in 10’ anytime . Till now the problem is recirculation of waste and not satisfying for my standards pressure from the jet rim of the bowl ( the hand pump if you make fast and strong is great ). I am located in Greece , I can visit the boat work but cannot sail yet !

elias

• Old Salt
So
I blocked with a screw and some teflon tape around the screw the exit of the waste chamber. It solved it. But jabsco suggested me via email that the solution is to put as suggested in the manual a higher and longer hose from the inlet pump to the bowl back  because the disharge pressure is higher that the inlet and waste goes through the bleeding tube. My solution can create an airlock but i havent blocked it firmly so it might "breathe" in case of excessive pressure. Lets see how it goes.