Author Topic: Bavaria 38 2003 shower pump  (Read 3336 times)

singlefish

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
Bavaria 38 2003 shower pump
« on: March 06 2013, 18:21 »
Last request for help met with tumbleweed , but seeing forum livening up , will try again re shower sump pump , anyone fitted one ? , ive bought a whale gulper , but cant find a way to connect to underneath of sump , any advice much appreciated .

Cheers

Mark

Anthony

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bavaria 38 2003 shower pump
« Reply #1 on: March 06 2013, 23:09 »
Are you talking about how to fit a hose from the sump well or is there already an outlet there?
I had to replace the sump pump in the shower of my Bavaria 40 (2001). The pump is mounted underneath the seat in the shower stall. It was mounted incorrectly. The pump unit should be mounted with the electric motor ABOVE the water pumping attachment because leaks do not normally travel uphill! This destroyed the  originally fitted pump. It is fairly easy to connect the hose from the sump well to the imput of the pump and the seacock outlet hose to the outlet of the pump.
Because the bathrooms are made in modular form and lowered into the hull it would be very difficult to retro fit a hose to the sump if not already installed.

singlefish

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
Re: Bavaria 38 2003 shower pump
« Reply #2 on: March 07 2013, 08:45 »
Unfortunately no hose fitted , nor direct access between said locker and bottom of sump ,  this is a retrofit , i have no holding tank ,has been removed prior to my ownership  , so plenty of room to mount pump in correct orientation , when i eventually find a route for pipe , i intended to t into sink drain, to take overboard , with anti syphon loop , note that pump has inline check valve too .