Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Bavaria 44 waste holding tanks

<< < (2/2)

vikinglish:

--- Quote from: Moodymike on October 26 2011, 11:12 ---No problems with my gravity tank providing no toilet paper is drawn down.

--- End quote ---
So true. Its doggy bags in the heads or fit a macerator, but youve got to choose one or the other. I went for the low maintenance, low power consumption and noise free doggy bag version, but not before one too many unblocking routines ;D

skipper:
We have a 4 cabin 44, and there is a holding tank in the forward heads, in the former 'hanging locker' behind the toilet. The system was a retro fit by the previous owner. The tank is by TEK TANKS, and there is a diaphragm pump to discharge overboard. The system allows direct toilet discharge to sea, through the original sea cock,  or discharge to the holding tank, by use of 3 way diverter valves. There is also a deck pump out.
The system works perfectly, BUT in my opinion this is due mainly to 'toilet habits'. We are well travelled and thus used to the requirements in many countries of not putting anything except human waste through the toilet system. You know the rest.
One of my (many) Winter projects is to install a second holding tank in the aft heads, in the hanging locker aft of the toilet. I will probably have the same system again, although the tank will be larger, as the locker has a bigger 'footprint'. I will use different sanitary hose, specifically the more flexible (and more expensive!) butyl rubber type, mentioned in a PBO article.(Dec 2010 - page 66).
Both Tek Tanks and Leesan have a lot of information on their websites, and Tek Tanks in particular have about 12 different layouts to choose from.
If anyone on here has a 44 with aft holding tank, perhaps they could describe the layout and their experiences?

Skipper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version