Member Forums > Polls & Yacht Opinions

Vision 42

<< < (3/3)

Kibo:
One thing I forgot based on Ingmar's post...

We have davits for the dinghy and bought a lightweight Aluminium RIB at 11 feet with an 8 HP Yamaha. In my opinion Davits are a "must have" if you are cruising as mentioned since you don't want to to tow it on long passages and breaking it all down, taking the engine off and stowing the dink  on the foredeck is a pain.

The dinghy is your car !

Porquerolles:
Bonjour,
J'espère que tu as pu profiter, malgré le "virus", de ton nouveau 42 Vision.
Peux-tu nous dire si tu es satisfait du bateau ? As-tu rencontré des problèmes particuliers ?
Désolé de toutes ces questions… ;)
Bernard

SYJetzt:
I think nearly all is said. For cruising the med a light colour of bimini would be preferable. I have a dark blue one, but the next one will be a light colour under all circumstances.

reepaykeerwayno:

--- Quote from: Bailey1234 on August 18 2019, 17:39 ---Thanks for the replies.

Ground tackle is part of the standard inventory and suitable while we are in the U.K, mosquito nets for all hatches comes with one of the packs that we have ordered. We have decided to have sprayhood and Bimini fitted during commissioning rather than from factory as I wanted control over the design and materials. We are undecided on cockpit tent given fitting to a Bimini appears to be complicated and the end result being more functional than aesthetically pleasing...  Our previous boat had one and it was used a lot on the not so sunny East Coast! The plan is to fit stainless arch with solar panels, davits and outboard hoist during the winter prior to moving the boat to the Med partly due to available budget alongside it not really being necessary for the sailing we will be doing for the first few seasons. The upgraded winches may be overkill as you say however it is a relatively modest cost compared to retro fitting should we find we need it. We found when sailing the Vision for a week that the small foresail was easily handled however it will require a larger sail for light(ish) airs and should we want to have some fun with a reacher or similar then a larger winch may well make life a bit easier.  I didn’t want electric winches indeed have deliberately reduced the amount of electrical options such as cockpit table and saloon table opting for manually operated. Last time I looked my arms weren’t that flabby (I also checked with my wife and she confirmed!) and I race intermittently but still consider the upgraded winches desirable.

Tiger79; we sold our Dufour 36 Classic in February and have been researching and viewing potential boats since, indeed we have had enough of looking now and just want to have secured a boat for next season.  We didn’t necessarily set out to purchase new and remain open to a used boat should the right one come along before we make our final decision.  Our budget and needs have steered us toward production boats focusing on the Beneteau 41.1, Jeanneau 410, Hanse 418 and the Bavaria Vision 42. (We preferred the Vision to the cruising range). Having viewed them all on many occasions and sailed 2 of them eventually chartering a Vision 42 in Greece for a week we came to the personal conclusion that the Vision was the better finished and the layout/specification best suited to our cruising plans. In regards to price we have found that after negotiation all 4 boats with relatively comparable specification were around the same cost albeit the recent Euro/Pound turbulence may well affect this going forward.

We plan to moor the boat at Burnham Yacht Harbour for a couple of seasons and then maybe one season on the Orwell. We winter at Fambridge Yacht Haven for convenience.

Regards.

--- End quote ---

if you have the specification can you share with me

Porquerolles:
Bonjour,
Je ne sais pas quelle est la situation actuellement en Angleterre, mais en France,
lors du dernier salon nautique de Paris, les chantiers de construction indiquaient,
pour la commande d'un bateau neuf, en décembre 2021, une livraison…. au printemps 2024 !!
De ce fait, les amateurs se "ruent" sur les bateaux d'occasion, qui sont devenus rares
et donc...chers !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version