Author Topic: I Blew the Cabin Lights!  (Read 1900 times)

Harry Brown

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
I Blew the Cabin Lights!
« on: May 28 2019, 21:45 »
I was removing a cabin light fixture to fit a new one and shorted out the red and black wire, now the port side cabin lights do not function! Starboard side OK.
It then occurred to me, I have no idea if or where a circuit breaker or fuse is for such a simple item!!
Could anyone please advise!? I have panel 301 fitted.
Thank you.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: I Blew the Cabin Lights!
« Reply #1 on: May 29 2019, 07:30 »
I have the 201 board with two switches for port/starboard cabin lamps. The panel switches are thermostatic fuses - the 301 may be the same and you may  have blown one of these  :(

Harry Brown

• First Mate
« Reply #2 on: May 29 2019, 08:17 »
OK, I found them, on first glance at panel 301 there appears to be only a few of fuses, which I initially checked.
After finding the drawing (attached) showing fuse location, there are 6 fuses hidden between the relays!
(It appears I have more fuses than the drawing shows anyway!)
The way that you stand at the panel, and the way the panel hinges, you cannot see them.
You have to get your head right down and be straight on to the board. The first picture makes it look so obvious but it's not!
Anyway, this might help someone one day! Or at least jog someones memory when looking for fuses!  :)

Harry Brown

• First Mate
« Reply #3 on: May 29 2019, 08:19 »
Does anyone have a more up to date manual showing these additional fuses please?
Thank you.