Author Topic: Gas pipe  (Read 1714 times)

Sitesurfer

• First Mate
Gas pipe
« on: May 18 2019, 18:34 »
Real quicky easy one I expect.

In the gas locker I am using the normal 907 and have purchased a new pipe and spin on regulator. On arriving at the boat I realised the pipe is a special one with nuts on the end and what looks like a stub of pipe on the other.

Given that the new regulator has a hose fitting hose tail what do I need to purchase the other end at the bulkhead to a hose tail?

Many thanks!

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: Gas pipe
« Reply #1 on: May 20 2019, 07:20 »
there have been several different types of joints in use. DonĀ“t know, if your regulator has been changed/replaced since new, and if you have the original equipment in use. Post some photos to identify the stuff
Robert

Sitesurfer

• First Mate
« Reply #2 on: May 20 2019, 08:31 »
All original equipment still on boat.
I have found the hose on svb so might be just easier to replace with original equipment stuff rather than cheapskating.

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: May 20 2019, 12:05 »
The original Bavaria fittings are poor quality mild steel and odd sizes. Better to replace with brass fittings which I had done on my old 37 of similar vintage to your boat. Suggest you talk to Peter at Calor in Southampton www.socal.co.uk as to what is required. I stripped out all my gas installation and had it replaced by a qualified fitter with a safety certificate. Not hugely expensive if you do the labour intensive bit of exposing all the pipework yourself.