Author Topic: Mast light  (Read 1733 times)

WAArete

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: 36
  • Boat Year: 2003
Mast light
« on: October 23 2018, 04:23 »
A somewhat bothersome issue. I had my masthead annemeter replaced, when I gave the task to a local rigging outfit. They reported the light out, and no power to it. I believe the previous owner converted to LED. There's four wires white, red, green and black. I can locate the power leads but didn't see where as the neutral was connected... Thanks

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Mast light
« Reply #1 on: October 23 2018, 05:05 »
A problem with the nav light system can be corrosion on the wires in way of the connections just inside of the main cabin where the cable from the mast passes through the cabin top. Inside the main cabin there is a ā€œUā€ shaped white plastic cover just under the base of the mast which is held on with four screws and which you should remove to get at the connections.  The corrosion prevents the electric current from flowing. It is worthwhile to check and clean any corrosion off the ends of the wires at that junction point. Remember to take a photograph of the connections before you pull anything apart, a photo taken on your mobile is far better than relying on remembering where each wire connected.