Author Topic: Typhoon Mangkhut  (Read 2972 times)

Targa

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2015
Typhoon Mangkhut
« on: October 14 2018, 07:56 »
In mid September typhoon Mangkhut hit Hong Kong. My yacht, a Vision 46, stayed on its swing mooring but was given a broadside by another yacht that broke free. The result was all stanchions , guardwires, pulpit and pushpit on the starboard side were ripped off or bent plus some damage to the standing rigging. I am now trying to source parts to effect repairs under the insurance.
I contacted Bavaria straight away via their website and swapped a number of emails and photos of the damage but everything seems to have gone quiet.

My question is does anyone have a direct contact point at the factory that I could deal with to source parts or know of alternative suppliers of things like the correct stanchions and their mounts ( which surely must be sub contracted) so that I can start to make some progress towards getting my yacht fixed?

Rampage

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: Typhoon Mangkhut
« Reply #1 on: October 14 2018, 10:08 »
SVB, a German company, have stocks of a lot of Bavaria specific parts.  They’re website is https://www.svb24.com/en/brands/bavaria.html .  Be surprised if they don’t stock what you need in terms of broken bits. 
However, if you’ve got bent pulpit/pushpit I’d be looking for a local stainless steel company to repair/replace.  I’m not in HK but in Greece and when I had a speedboat ram the stern and bend the pushpit into a pretzel, I got the local stainless worker to sort it: he bent some bits straight and remade those bit too bent to fix.  Can’t see which is old and which is new, so it can be done and I’d have said HK is the place to get it done.

Targa

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: October 18 2018, 09:54 »
Many thanks Rampage. I’ve emailed them so hope to have positive news soon

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: October 19 2018, 19:32 »
In mid September typhoon Mangkhut hit Hong Kong. My yacht, a Vision 46, stayed on its swing mooring but was given a broadside by another yacht that broke free. The result was all stanchions , guardwires, pulpit and pushpit on the starboard side were ripped off or bent plus some damage to the standing rigging. I am now trying to source parts to effect repairs under the insurance.
I contacted Bavaria straight away via their website and swapped a number of emails and photos of the damage but everything seems to have gone quiet.

My question is does anyone have a direct contact point at the factory that I could deal with to source parts or know of alternative suppliers of things like the correct stanchions and their mounts ( which surely must be sub contracted) so that I can start to make some progress towards getting my yacht fixed?

When you say that you contacted Bavaria straight away, was that direct to the manufacturer in Germany, or did you contact your local dealer at boating.com.hk ?

Targa

• Swab
« Reply #4 on: October 20 2018, 05:53 »
Initial contact with Bavaria in Germany was redirected to the Bavaria agent in Shenzhen.