Author Topic: Interior Fabric  (Read 2410 times)

Alphadug

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
Interior Fabric
« on: September 04 2018, 17:35 »
Hi, does anyone know how to remove the fabric end pieces on a Vision 42? Probably the same as a Vision 46. These are the pieces on the end of the fridge cupboard and the end of the sink cupboard. They are slightly curved and covered in cloth.

Thanks, Doug

Kibo

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Interior Fabric
« Reply #1 on: September 04 2018, 21:32 »
I have a V46, likely the same as you say.

They are held on by "mushroom" type fasteners located in holes in the main cabinet. They are plastic and can break so be careful.

Basically simply carefully lever the panel away from the cabinet or corner until the fasteners pop out. Do it slowly and evenly all round the edges with a blunt object like a plastic putty knife/scraper or similar.

Are you going to re cover them?  I have brown covers at the moment and have a few stains down the one on the end of the fridge so was looking at doing that maybe this coming season. Be interested to know how you get on.
Ian
SV Kibo, 2014 Bavaria Vision 46

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: September 28 2018, 13:18 »
The flat wooden panels on the interior can be removed in the same way. I found out how when I had to remove he panel under the drawer in the toilet compartment.

Kibo

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 29 2018, 19:27 »
Yep those are on clips too. Did you know the mirror in the main head can be removed in the same way?  Great place for taping an emergency currency and credit card in a zip lock bag !
Ian
SV Kibo, 2014 Bavaria Vision 46