Author Topic: Bavaria 350 Caribic  (Read 4492 times)

kobac

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 350
Bavaria 350 Caribic
« on: November 04 2016, 08:39 »
Need help!
I bought Bavaria 350 Caribic, i know very little about him! :-\
 Can anyone tell me what I should have done before winter (since I live in Stockholm and cold)
also I need owners manual :D,

sy_Anniina

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bavaria 350 Caribic
« Reply #1 on: November 04 2016, 09:38 »
Without any knowledge of this specific model, a generic list of my winterizing activities in Helsinki - not that far away from Stockholm
  • Change oil and filter
  • Empty water and holding tanks
  • Empty and override water heater (connect cold-in directly to hot-out)
  • Insert non-toxic antifreeze in water system, bleed all faucets incl. hot and cold until you can see coloured antifreeze pouring out
  • In case you have multiple water tanks, make sure there is antifreeze in all tanks / tank-to-pump lines
  • Let engine seawater cooling circuit suck in antifreeze, until all seawater is replaced
  • Use remaining antifreeze to fill toilet, holding tank piping and shower sump pump
  • Charge and disconnect batteries
In case you lift the boat on yard for winter like we do, the list continues a bit...

BR,

Tommi

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 04 2016, 11:37 »
Doubt you will find an owners manual as the boat was built long before manuals became compulsory. You could try the Bavaria factory but i think they only have manuals from 1998 onwards.

The procedure for winterising suggested looks good, but there is nothing unusual about the boat and what you actually do will depend on how you are storing the boat for the winter.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: November 04 2016, 15:05 »
The advice given in the user manuals for most models will be very similar so you could download one or more from the forum at this location:

http://www.bavariayacht.info/forum/index.php/topic,1541.0.html

kobac

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 350
« Reply #4 on: November 04 2016, 18:17 »
   Thank you very much  :)! for me any help large! :-\ I'm a scuba diver who has decided to become a sailor! :kewl
MY Bavarija is 92 yr. and in poor condition, but I'm determined to fix it perfectly. the only problem is that almost none of my knowledge and that's why I need manuel.
Another thing worries me a lot. the people who brought me told me that much heavy?
Now I am afraid that there is no water around? :sick What would be devastating on this winter
I lifted the floor and everything is dry, but I'm interested if she has a double sink and a place where she could be water?

Laysula

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 350 lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1994
« Reply #5 on: November 04 2016, 20:26 »
Hi Kobac. We have a 350 lagoon 1994.  The water tanks are main tank is under the Aft portside  bunk and the other tank is under the front vee berth. The seacocks for the galley sinks are in the small locker under the cooker.
Any thing else your not sure about just ask away and I will try to help.
regards
Steve
Laysula

Laysula

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 350 lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1994

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #7 on: November 04 2016, 21:59 »
I am afraid even if you could find a manual it would not help you much apart from showing where all the equipment is located and possibly a wiring diagram. You can find most of this information from inspecting the boat closely. Most of the equipment fitted to the boat will be obsolete, although some will still be available for replacement as it is not made by Bavaria. You can usually identify the original manufacturer or be able to find alternatives. Not easy if you have no previous experience of owning an old boat, but you will quickly learn!

JEN-et-ROSS

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1990
« Reply #8 on: November 13 2016, 16:16 »
Hi Kobac.
 We have a 1991 Bavaria 38 Lagoon,  that like yours, needed upgrading.
The surveyor at the time went to great lengths to point out that the basic boat was of a very high quality and that the internal fittings and joinery was built to a  standard that you would not see today unless you paid top dollar. OK the mahogany might not be so fashionable today, but it IS mahogany and finished beautifully.
 So we bought the yacht, renewed the standing rigging, engine (new Beta 30), headlining and much of the electronics.
That was about 10 years ago and we would not sell.
 I noticed another post noting that the internal panels on some more modern Bavaria yacht tend to flex and creak when under load, this is something I've never come across,  even in conditions that, well, more sensible folk would have stayed in harbour.
So good luck in the upgrading, you should end up a very seaworthy and comfortable yacht.  :)