Author Topic: Bavaria 38 Ocean: Rocna Vulcan 20 kg fits, plus warning re anchoring!!  (Read 5456 times)

Jam

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 ocean
  • Boat Year: 2000
Just fitted a new Rocna Vulcan anchor to Bavaria Ocean 38.....just to let anyone else know it fits pretty well rather than adjusting bow roller which I was reluctant to do with the standard Rocna with roll bar,  as boat already sticks out onto pontoon which is a tad too short for boat. The shank which is curved comes over the drop nose pin which is aft on self launching roller,  is the only down side but other than that it's secured well and a few bits of chord prevent any sideways movement. I am really happy with it but have still to try the acid test......anchoring. 
Also noted that Rocna instruction recommend that you do not reverse too quickly as anchor could destroy fitting as it sets quickly......witnessed this from beach as friend reversed back quickly and standard Rocna set immediately and destroyed windlass.  Boat came to a dead stop and it was lucky the chap on foredeck didn't go over the side.....be warned!!!  I will be falling back gently with the tide/wind
John
John

Harry Brown

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
Hi John,

Good work on the new anchor!! Any pics?

I wanted to fit a Rocna Original to my 39.
You've obviously done some research on this.
Could you tell me what adjustments are involved for the Rocna original fitment?

Thanks

Ziffius

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2005
I'll post some pics tomorrow of my rocna 20 fitted to my bav39.

Jam

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 ocean
  • Boat Year: 2000
There was a lot of posts recently on forum re alterations plus pictures for fitting the rocna.  That's where got some info plus look at http://sailingwithbloom.com/blooms-anchor-dilemna-fitting-a-rocna-on-a-bavaria/
I thought his anchor roller looked the same as mine so went for it....and it fitted.  Will send u a picture of Vulcan on roller if I am down at boat this wend. Ynmar contributed lots of good stuff re alteration of you go down that route if your bow roller is the same?
Cheers
John

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Yngmar contributed lots of good stuff re alteration of you go down that route if your bow roller is the same?

Link to my solution (moving the swivel).
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Neil

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
I fitted a Rocna 25kg to my B39 (2006). It fits the unaltered bow roller fine, though the pin doesn't fit. As for holding it is very good in sand and mud and can set through the kelp into the mud below as well.
For setting slow is the answer, with plenty of chain out. Try to avoid the snatch that can happen if the chain suddenly straightens too quickly. Then when set and the chain is straight more revs to check.
Considerably better than the CQR that came with the boat.

robgs

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 40
  • Boat Year: 2007
Rocna website offers templates for each anchor size which can be printed and used to gauge fit.

robgs

sailaway

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2005
Rocna Vulcan Anchor

Hello everybody. We have being using the new Vulcan Anchor from Rocna in Scandinavia and the Mediterranean for 2 years now, it works very nice. I made a "installation text" for taking out the standard Bruce 15 kg with the Vulcan 20 Kg.
We have an Bavaria cruiser 36 feet 2005 model
The site is in Norwegian, but use the translator.

https://breddegrad.no/the-vulcan-rocna-anker-del-1/