Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

bavaria 30 cruiser

<< < (3/3)

Trapeze Artist:

--- Quote from: Dek on June 30 2012, 12:04 ---Mine made it from Southampton to Lanzarote this year.  Only real problem was Raymarine 4000 autopilot couldn't cope adequately and ended up knocking the gear box out.  Main cause (according to Raymarine) is the steering on the Bav30 (one turn of the wheel from full starboard to port putting too much strain on it)
Looks like a Hydrovane for any more ambitious trips!

--- End quote ---

That sounds a lame excuse from Raymarine. They must have a range of actuators, and should be able to specify the right one for the job. We then have to assume that someone fitted the right one, of course.

I'm not a fan of wheel pilots, although that unfortunately is what I've got. I use it as little as possible when sailing because of the noise. If the engine's on, I'll let Volvo and Raymarine fight it out to see who can make most noise.  >:D

zeka:
"Talking of outboards, I made up a bracket that fits over the stowed bathing platform ladder which you can fit an outboard to as an emergency backup ? never needed it but a good ?design and make? project for an afternoon! "

Can you send some information and picture how you made bracket.
I looking for this solution.

Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version