Author Topic: Manual for Bavaria 51 Cruiser built 2015  (Read 3664 times)

seekay

• Swab
Manual for Bavaria 51 Cruiser built 2015
« on: May 25 2016, 21:08 »
Hello!

Me and my crew are going for a 4 week turn in greece on a Bavaria 51 Cruiser /2015 this year.
Is there any way to get the owner and skipper manual for this boat in preparation for the trip?
Could not find a way to download it somewhere at bavaria yachting and searched a lot here and other pages related to bavaria yacht.
Would be very nice if anyone's got a hint, any information appreciated.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Manual for Bavaria 51 Cruiser built 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 26 2016, 10:10 »
Many charter companies have a PDF copy - have you asked them?
(formerly) Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: May 26 2016, 13:14 »
When you pick your boat up the charter operator will give you a thorough briefing on the boat and its systems and there will be a copy of the manual on board. If you are chartering from Kiriacoulis for example you will also have their own check list for the equipment fitted to the boat which is not covered by the Bavaria manual.

seekay

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: May 31 2016, 19:26 »
Thank's for the quick answers.

The manual is needed to be prepared for the trip in advance. The briefing on the boat i want just to be a detailed revision.
It took a while but today I received the german, 85 pages owner manual from the Bavaria Yacht support.

The only concern left is, how the 51 with it's double rudder blade will maneuver compared to the single rudder I'm used to on Bavaria 44 or Bavaria 50.
Anyone experiences and suggestions?

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #4 on: May 31 2016, 20:00 »
The only concern left is, how the 51 with it's double rudder blade will maneuver compared to the single rudder I'm used to on Bavaria 44 or Bavaria 50.
Anyone experiences and suggestions?

Under sail the twin rudders steer equally well or better than a single rudder, because one is always straight down and in deep water, so getting full grip even in very rough sea state.

Under engine in close quarters they're a bit trickier, because you can't bounce the propwash off the rudder blade like you can with a single rudder in the center. The twin rudder Bavaria I've sailed on had a bowthruster to make up for that.
(formerly) Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)