Author Topic: Little brown spacers with a nail that center under seat locker lids  (Read 2964 times)

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
What are they called and where can I get more? Some of mine seem to have either gone missing or were never there.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Lyra

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B36
  • Boat Year: 2004
Not exactly the same, but probably will do the job - there are plastic shelf supports that look similar to this (instead of being round there is a section where they are flat to support the shelf). I would look for them at hardware stores.
S/Y Lyra
B36 / 2004

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Hi, I saw these advertised on eBay, though it might be worth changing the nails for something in stainless. eBay also show a range of alternatives but many don't include the actual dimensions so it might be a bit hit and miss before you get the right ones.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Thanks both of you. I couldn't find a  perfect match, but close enough. I replaced the nails with stainless ones.

In the process of installing them, I worked out why the factory left them off - the lids weren't perfect fits for some of the lockers, especially under the aft cabin berths. Had to sand 1-2 mm off some of the spacers' bases so they would fit well. Sloppy work! ;)
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)