Author Topic: D2-55 Engine Instruments  (Read 5387 times)

moonlight_shadow

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
D2-55 Engine Instruments
« on: May 11 2012, 15:59 »
Hi All,

I need to add an engine water temperature and oil pressure gauges since these did not come with the boat.

Has anyone have access to the wiring diagram of the D2-55. I know the harness which comes with the engine has all the wiring ready for the deluxe panel but am not sure which colour wires and if the engine uses single pole or double pole sensors.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Tyronw

CRYSTAL

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B33C
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: D2-55 Engine Instruments
« Reply #1 on: May 13 2012, 09:12 »
For the coolant temperature, it's a simple install if you get it from VP. it's just daisy chained from the tachometer. Same does not apply for the Oil (at least not until D2-55E) as they've installed a sender that's preset to an alarm condition (not resister type that can't connect it to a gauge). Good news is that you can install your own oil sender by installing a T-junction and install both oil senders (original VP and yours) and connect it to a separate gauge.

other gauges you can buy from VP: voltmeter, detailed alarm panel,

hope this helps - I got the original VP install guide but too big to post 2.5MB. give out your email and I'll send it. page 34 for the instrumentation.

Regards,
Hratch
Hratch
CRYSTAL I

moonlight_shadow

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #2 on: May 13 2012, 19:49 »
Thanks for the info. Would appreciate a copy of that file. My email is: tgalea@windsormalta.com

Regarding oil pressure, does this mean that it is not just a simple case of undoing an empty port in the engine case and installing the probe like I would do for engine temperature ?

Regards
Tyrone

CRYSTAL

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B33C
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: May 20 2012, 07:30 »
Hi Tyrone,

will email shortly the instructions :)

On a D2-55E, there is no spare oil sender port (at least we could not find one) so the guy installed a T-con and put the orig sender and a new sender with it's gauge. At the end of the day, is it worth it?

I think, the temp gauge is more valuable and a loud buzzer which should wake you up while the engine is running for any warning. I just bought the new VP harness to install an external buzzer. Eur200 - ouch!
Hratch
CRYSTAL I

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #4 on: June 01 2012, 10:14 »
I got the original VP install guide but too big to post 2.5MB...

OK, I get the hint; I've removed the limit to attachment sizes. Feel free to post it here.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator