Author Topic: 38 Cruiser 2005  (Read 3369 times)

Boxer

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 38'Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
38 Cruiser 2005
« on: January 18 2016, 19:41 »
We have recently purchased a 2005 Cruiser 38 which is ashore in Greece.
We purchased and flew home within hours not having time to fully appreciate items such as dimensions for 'things' which I want to either order or prepare before going out in May.
Does anyone have a similar vessel in the UK (I live in Bristol), who may be able to let me have a look at their boat and take a few dimensions? I would be most grateful and it would greatly ease my 'frustrations'!
In eager anticipation, thanks.

Cristal

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Cruiser
Re: 38 Cruiser 2005
« Reply #1 on: February 05 2016, 15:50 »
Hi Boxer, sorry my 2004 38 cruiser is berthed in Denia, Spain. I will be going there at Easter and if it's not too late, send me a list of your requirements. All the best, John

Boxer

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: February 11 2016, 18:24 »
Hi John
Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for my tardiness in replying.
One of the main dimensions that I was after concerned the installation of a cockpit table but fortunately, it seems like I may have a solution as another owner in the same area as we are, wishes to change his table 'style', and we are near to an arrangement.
Another issue I would like to get to grips with are mosquito nets, apparently there are none on board and I'd like to source some before we go out at the beginning of May, but I don't know the port light and hatch sizes. If it would be possible to get the part numbers and or dimensions, that would be a fantastic help.
I'm dying to get there and have a good root about, having to leave immediately after signing the sale and having to wait 6 months is quite frustrating, boys with their toys!
Thanks again and enjoy your Easter, hopefully in a bit of sun!
Kind regards
Nick

jonrarit

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36 Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: March 03 2016, 11:48 »
Hi Boxer, Where about in Greece is she?

I know how you feel, we bought our 2005 36 cruiser back in November & having been itching all winter  to get out there.

The time has at last come & I'm going out on 15th March for a weeks "tinkering"  :kewl

We're in Gouvia, Corfu. If you're nearby I'll gladly nip on board & measure anything you like

JR

Boxer

• Swab
« Reply #4 on: March 06 2016, 10:14 »
Hi JR
Thanks for getting back and your kind offer of help.
Boxer is ashore in Aktio so it wouldn't be convenient for you in Corfu.
Fortunately others have also helped so for now I think I have all I need until I get out there on May 1st!
Impatient, me, no!
We're looking to sail 'up North' a reasonable amount May/June as we have a few crew changes on Corfu, maybe see you then.
Kind regards
Nick