Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Leaking valve...here it is!

(1/3) > >>

solar:
AFTER my 2008 boat went back to the water after A/F a week ago, I found that the head flushing intake valve is leaking via it's handle base more in open position and less when closed.

As said a 4 year old boat! Mine for 3.5 years.

What do you think/do?

Will Bavaria take responsibility over this problem or am I waisting my time with them?
I know that the EU standard for these parts is 5 years so...?

TIA

Symphony:
It will be wear on the O ring where the shaft goes through the housing. Very minor thing - you can get a repair kit with all the seals and it is a 10 minute job to replace that one. Or you can buy a complete new pump for not a lot of money and repair the old one to keep as a spare.

solar:

--- Quote from: Symphony on April 18 2012, 11:40 ---It will be wear on the O ring where the shaft goes through the housing. Very minor thing - you can get a repair kit with all the seals and it is a 10 minute job to replace that one. Or you can buy a complete new pump for not a lot of money and repair the old one to keep as a spare.

--- End quote ---

Must be my poor English...

The leaking valve is the one on the boat underwater line thru haul near the head,it lets water in for flushing the head...Not so easy to mess with when the boat is in the water.

solar:

--- Quote from: solar on April 18 2012, 12:52 ---
--- Quote from: Symphony on April 18 2012, 11:40 ---It will be wear on the O ring where the shaft goes through the housing. Very minor thing - you can get a repair kit with all the seals and it is a 10 minute job to replace that one. Or you can buy a complete new pump for not a lot of money and repair the old one to keep as a spare.

--- End quote ---

Must be my poor English...

The leaking valve is the one on the boat underwater line Thur haul near the head,it lets water in for flushing the head...Not so easy to mess with when the boat is in the water.

--- End quote ---

O.K I was contacting Bavaria today about the leaking valve and was told to contact their local NL dealer for help...I sent them the correspondence with Bavaria and will see...
NOT that I'm too optimistic about them taking responsibility over the repair but sometimes surprises do heppen :)
BTW did anyone ever went this route successfully with Bavaria? Please let me know if so.
Will report later.

Symphony:
OK understand the problem now. Not an expensive item to replace - I happen to have a spare one sitting on my bench, they cost around £12 in UK for the proper DZR valves (which I think are better than the original Bavaria ones). However it is much easier to change it when the boat is out of the water, although it can be done in the water if you are prepared to put a bung in the skin fitting after you have undone the old valve and before you fit the new. Some water comes in, but not much. It can also be reduced if you heel the boat over to bring the intake above the waterline. Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version