Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

List to starboard

<< < (2/2)

Dek:
My Bavaria 30 is the same, domestic batteries are port side, so that's not the answer. I put it down to full diesel tank and quite a bit of heavy gear in the cockpit locker.  I did suggest to my wife that she always sat on the port side to balance the boat, for some reason she's not speaking to me any more!
Cheers

Bob Baynton:
I have a 2003 Bav 36 and she lists to starboard. Even had a call from the marina one time to check if there was a problem! I have always attributed it to the batteries. Originally, I had 2 x 140 ah house batteries plus the engine starter battery. Last year, I replace the original batteries with 4 6v batteries so I don't think I am any further ahead. The list is even more noticeable when the aft (starboard) fresh water tank is empty. I guess you just live with it!!

Bob Baynton:
Oops! I meant port side aft water tank (150 L)!!

Trapeze Artist:
My Bav 30 Cruiser has a slight list to starboard. However she heels far more when sailing, so why worry?  :kewl

My only measure to try to compensate is to store heavy gubbins under the port settee and put light stuff on the starboard side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version