Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

List to starboard

(1/2) > >>

Tony Barlow:
My 2002 32, purchased in 2008 has a slight list to starboard and noticed this week that another 32 in Pwllheli marina has the same. Is this normal, can anyone remember their new boat having a list and how has anyone corrected it?I have two batteries on the starboard side but would have thought that 130 ltrs of water in the port fresh water tank would have evened it up.

CRYSTAL:
Hi Tony, check out posts under Bavaria 33 queries.
Looks like there are few of us with the same issue and have to 'sail' with it.
The only movable items are your the batteries (move them across to Port side) but this will be a wiring nightmare :(
I was thinking of storing spare water under the port couch, like 60L to compensate the battery weight (still thinking about it).....  and I have 2 x 140 plus the starter (must be at list 80Kilos)

Regards,
Hratch

Rob:
Hi Tony
My 36 had similar with its previous owner they had some additional lead ballast fixed in the bilge to balance it out which seems to have cured the problem
Rob

Sweet As:
Yes it's a real pain! Our 2004 Bav36 has the starboard list issue. We have 2x150 Ahrs on the starboard side which is no doubt part of the problem, but as above not worth moving and adding wiring complexity.
I'm interested to learn of others adding ballast to counter the issue. I think I would prefer to live with it than to add displacement to correct. Although I am getting sick of having to "swish" the shower water uphill to port to get it all down the drain!

CRYSTAL:
It's a pain as well on my B33.
Catch 22 if you're trying to balance it: Only thing I can think of is to add spare water supply on the port side (under the seating). Reserve water supply and it'll counter it (not by much). 100L = 100Kilos.

But once you go for a trip, then you'll add more weight in the starboard locker and back to square one!
guess, we have to live with it.  On the other hand, it should give us nice sailing on SB tack - lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version