Author Topic: Throttle lever seal  (Read 7083 times)

Tethys

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2003
Throttle lever seal
« on: November 13 2011, 13:49 »
Like on just about every other Bavaria I have seen, our throttle lever seal has pretty much disintegrated now.  Does anyone know if a replacement is available from Clipper or elsewhere?

Thanks,

Andy

Moodymike

• Old Salt
Re: Throttle lever seal
« Reply #1 on: November 13 2011, 16:17 »
I think Lemar do this as a spare part

solar

« Reply #2 on: November 13 2011, 17:08 »
Also,
Anyone know if/how to lube the Throttle inner moving plates?
Mine gets stickier every season...no help oiling it from the outside :(

CRYSTAL

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B33C
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: November 28 2011, 21:21 »
Anyone knows on how to lube the plates on a Lewmar throttle lever? big mystery... the plates are so close / stiff that some friends are not able to tell if it's fwd/N/Rev at low revs.....
Checked and I'm sure it's not the cables. By the way, it's a B33 (2006) - is this normal? feels like a gas pedal from an eastern block car.....
Hratch
CRYSTAL I

Cat2

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #4 on: November 29 2011, 14:58 »
seal as part of the  overhaul kit at http://www.winchservicing.com/_Whitlock_Lewmar_Engine_Control_Fitting_Kit-47-3.html. Alternatively  cut  some neoprene of a suitable thickness into the  correct size ring.

Re  lubrication, easiest way appears to be remove instument  panel (screws) remove throtle lever, undo 4  screws  and nuts( carefukk with the washers)   holding  assembly on th the  fibreglass pod and then raise the  throtle gear  change  mechanism upwards.

As part of this you  will have to remove LOTS of  cable ties etc to allow sufficient  slack in the  cables. Probably  no required is the  disconection on the  cables at the engine and gearbox. Access  plate on some models may  help a little in this.

CRYSTAL

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B33C
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #5 on: November 29 2011, 16:47 »
Thanks Cat2,

Are there any adjustments to be made or just simple grease job?

Thanks,
Hratch
Hratch
CRYSTAL I

peter gibbs

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Ocean 38
  • Boat Year: 1998
« Reply #6 on: December 08 2011, 22:52 »
Like on just about every other Bavaria I have seen, our throttle lever seal has pretty much disintegrated now.  Does anyone know if a replacement is available from Clipper or elsewhere?

Thanks,

Andy

Quite so, but you can make a replacement from waterproof foam - the type used for packing electronics etc - cut to shape and glued around the control shaft before replacing the handle. Works fine.

PWG