Author Topic: S130 sail drive drain plug  (Read 1233 times)

Irmascherkid

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: 30 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
S130 sail drive drain plug
« on: March 30 2021, 19:21 »
Hello to all, ok I’m going to throw this out there in the hope that someone will have the answer lol.
At present my boat is still in the water and thinking about getting her lifted for a quick clean and straight back in, now i was thinking of changing the oil in the sail drive but cant find any info regarding the size of the washer that goes into the drain plug? Any information is greatly appreciated.
Some places you can only reach by sea,
Some places you can only reach by being at sea.

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: S130 sail drive drain plug
« Reply #1 on: March 30 2021, 19:39 »
You can change it by pumping out from inside. The external drain plug is a slot head and often a pig to remove. If you are doing it this way get a new plug and seal kit. You might also consider replacing the seals in the lower unit as removing the housing to do this job automatically drains the oil!

Irmascherkid

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: 30 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: March 31 2021, 02:12 »
Hi symphony2, yes i was going to change all the seals when I pulled her out at the end of this year but considering I’m wanting to pull her out for a quick clean then I thought about changing the oil without having the time constraints that may arise, hence the question regarding the size of the washer on the drain plug.
Some places you can only reach by sea,
Some places you can only reach by being at sea.

PEA-JAY

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B-Cruiser 39
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: March 31 2021, 09:52 »
If the 130S saildrive is the later one with the split anode, the VP plug and seal codes are 3854539 and 3855081 respectively. I think now they are also available together as a kit under another part number. You can find schematics etc on the website of Marine Parts Express.