Author Topic: Bavaria 42 head removal and washing machine install  (Read 1663 times)

Shine

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Ocean 42
  • Boat Year: 1999
Bavaria 42 head removal and washing machine install
« on: February 09 2021, 03:36 »
Hi all- I wanted to share a couple photos of the final product on my washing machine installation. I completely removed the forward head on my Bavaria 42. To get the machine in, I cut out a portion of the forward seat in the salon, and then a hole in the wall between the head and the salon. All cuts were below the cushions and well hidden. The shelving above the washer is sapele veneer plywood I stained to match the interior of the boat. There is storage behind the washer and to the right there are  deep shelves accessible from the same side that the washer door is on. I repurposed the head door frame to create the trim.

The washer is a ventless LG dual washer dryer, 2.3 cu ft. I had seen a few posts of people talking about doing this but hadn't seen it actually done. Let me know if you have questions!

Harveyhall

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: Bavaria 42 head removal and washing machine install
« Reply #1 on: February 11 2021, 03:57 »
Looks like a very interesting project and nicely finished.  Love to here how it goes.

Jeffatoms

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Ocean 38
  • Boat Year: 1998
Re: Bavaria 42 head removal and washing machine install
« Reply #2 on: March 23 2021, 03:11 »
We bought the Splendide 2100 before I realized I might be able to do the same.  It fits through the companionway but not into the fwd. cabin of our Ocean 38.  My wife says No! But your photos have encouraged me.  I too think it would work but only with complete disassembly of the washer/dryer.