Author Topic: Throughhull / seacock size Bav cruiser 30 built 2007?  (Read 1141 times)

Hobbit2

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 30
  • Boat Year: 2007
Hello,
I tried to figure out through hulls and seacocks for head. I was looking to replace with Truedesign but was not able by measurements  to figure out drain from sink as well as water intake for head. Anyone any clue which size they are? Holding tank out is clear 11/2" . The others are in between 3/4" and 1"?

TIA

Andre

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Throughhull / seacock size Bav cruiser 30 built 2007?
« Reply #1 on: January 23 2021, 15:50 »
You are right. Loo outlets are 1 1/2" and all others are 3/4" BSP. Same sizes for both Tru Design and DZR in that the holes through the hull and the bore of the hose is the same. However the bodies of the Tru Design are in general larger and the angled tails different. This means in some cases there may not be enough room to fit them as direct replacements. DZR are direct replacements, being exactly the same size as the originals.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Throughhull / seacock size Bav cruiser 30 built 2007?
« Reply #2 on: January 24 2021, 14:46 »
I fitted Tru-Design valves and skin fittings on my B36(2002). This was the three sleeping cabin model where the heads was located port side just forward of the main cabin. Although the heads compartment was of an adequate size, fitting the valves and through hull skin fittings was not an easy task due to the physical size the valves and hose tails that were needed, and particularly on account of the shape and size of the hose tails.  This called for a degree of lateral thinking in regard to the order in which the various parts were secured together. Essentially the hose elbow was connected to the valve body first, then the skin fitting was loosely put in place with the securing nut left screwed on, but very slack and not tightened. The valve body was put next to the inner end of the skin fitting, and with one person outside to screw the skin fitting into the valve body while a second person inside the boat gently pushed the valve body towards the inner end of the skin fitting while that fitting was being turned in the appropriate direction so that both valve and skin fitting were screwed together. once those two parts were fully secured to each other, then the loose securing nut for skin fitting which was already more or less in place, was tightened up to the inner side of the hull, but not before the hull area in way of the skin fitting had been given a squirt of sealant to ensure that the through hull would be water tight.
Yes, it did seem a cack handed way of doing things, but having already bought the Tru-Design fittings, and already removed the old valves and thro hulls, I was not about to throw in the towel without a bit of sideways thinking of a way to get everything into place. It worked, and I had a couple of years worth of use out of the system before I sold the boat.